CBD and Diabetes
Diabetes mellitus refers to a group of metabolic diseases characterised by hyperglycemia caused by defects in insulin secretion, insulin action, or both.
Some of the most common types include:
Type 2 diabetes: A chronic condition that affects the way the body processes blood sugar (glucose).
Type 1 diabetes: A chronic condition in which the pancreas produces little or no insulin.
Pre-diabetes: A condition in which blood sugar is high, but not high enough to be type 2 diabetes.
Gestational diabetes: A form of high blood sugar affecting pregnant women.
CBD treatment may be helpful for both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, specifically:
- the stabilisation of blood sugars
- the reduction of neuropathic pain
- relief from muscle cramps and gastrointestinal pain
- vasodilation - keeping blood vessels open and improving circulation, contributing to lower blood pressure over time
- anti-inflammatory action that may help quell some of the arterial inflammation common in diabetes
If you are using CBD 800, use the standard dose. If you are using CBD Plus, start with one pump in the morning, and depending of the effect you may want to up the dose to two pumps (one pump in the morning and one pump in the early afternoon). If you are using both, start with one dose of CBD Plus in the morning and micro dose with CBD 800 at night.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to dosages, and you will need to monitor the effects. We suggest keeping a diary to do this, since you may need to tweak your dosages. Always start with a micro dosage to check sensitivity.